Monday, June 26, 2006

red-prawn

Durian season is here. thewife just bought the ang-heh (red-prawn) variety for me from the market…Yummy. My favorite but it was $14 for 1 though. (wiki:durian if you want to know more)
I’m going home today to eat it during lunch.… I prefer all the yellow flesh variety as its much sweeter but they can get quite expensive sometimes for the higher grade ones (D-something or red-something).
you’re not supposed to eat too much, though … or you will literally be sick. And you can put on weight very fast as well. (thewife ate alot when she was pregnant with theson)
The smell doesn’t bother me as I’m not very smell-oriented. More taste-oriented, which is good, so I’ll be enjoying myself.
I remember taking a counterpart from the states to eat durian, and he bit into the seed and started chewing it vs just sucking the flesh off the seed. That was hilarious. I remember what he said very clearly when I asked his how it was, he said it was like “sucking honey though a smelly sock”.

thewife is on leave for the next 2weeks so I believe lunch will be provided as well. Yay…!!!
Shepherds pie anytime soon? Hmmm…. i can only hope..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats