Thursday, February 24, 2011

never a dull moment

The silver car got backed up into the gate while it was opening.

·         Wife not hurt

·         Front of Gate bent a bit.

·         Guide rail bent a bit as well.

·         Gate was unhinged from the guide.

·         Car no visible damage.

 

The funny part was that we had to go fetch #1 from school and the gate was “frozen” and both cars were essentially “impounded”.

So I took out my trusty tool box and started dismantling the guide rails and disengaging the motor.

Got the gate unlocked but then realized it only moved halfway as it was un hinged from the guide rail.

Let me tell you now that the gate was quite heavy but in times like these I think adrenaline kicked in and I managed to lift the gate back on to the hinge by myself.

 

At least I got the gate moving again but On the downside, I think I pulled my shoulder muscle again in the process. Only felt the pain this morning.

Add that to my badminton pains..

I’m in a world of hurt everytime I move/walk/stand.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats