Thursday, July 06, 2006

WC semi pt2

Well, another bites the dust. Portugal is out, beaten 1:0 by France.
Zidane got in a goal in a penalty kick during 1st half. I only woke up at 415am as I had a midnight meeting last night. Watched from around the 50th minute till the end. Even though, Portugal was dominating the match, the french were cool and just kept on defending and defending. Portugal had many opportunities but all were near misses. Very bad luck indeed.
During the last 90seconds, both team were in the French penalty area and Portugal was just attacking like crazy. Even Ricardo the goalkeeper was up there helping his team. But in the end, france won and they will meet italy in 2more days.
Who do I think will win the WC2006? I really don’t know. I would prefer the French to win though. I may like spaghetti, lasagna and pizza but in the current circumstances, viva le france.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats