Friday, May 04, 2007

its hard

sometimes as a father and husband, i dont fulfill my christian duties.
for this season of lent, i did not go for ash wednesday or stations of the cross or holy week service or even easter mass.
i did not even fast or even at the least, skip meat on fridays.
sigh...
frankly we have not gone to mass for so long that i cant remember when we did go.
i admit, i am lazy and i need to do better. i need to set a better example for theson.
theson even said he wanted to go to church.

so, last sunday we all went to church the 10am mass. it rained pretty heavily during mass.
it felt good to be back in the lord's house again with my wife and my son.
i just need to be more consistent.

thewife went for bible study last friday and she seemed to have a good time. i think she will go again.
we also started saying the rosary since may is the month of the rosary. so far only one decade a day since theson cant really focus.
it brings back memories of saying the rosary in the old wooden house with my family when i was a kid.
my aunt gave theson a rosary, thewife has one from her baptism and i've got my trusty one from 1st holy communion.
thewife is catching up pretty fast on the hail mary's.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats